Monday, May 31, 2010

Grandpa is good.

My grandpa went in today for surgery #2 for a bowel resection (cutting a part of his intestine out cause it didnt get enough blood and died). I wasnt there to hear the news firsthand cause my Mom made me go to work cause Ive called in sick the past few days. You cant really blame me, I am definitely not getting paid enough to not be there for my family when they need me the most.

Hearing the good news that my Grandpa is stable and doing well definitely has lifted off a lot of stress off my shoulders and I can finally get a goodnight's sleep in. Compared to staring at this all night: (with studying mixed in here and there)

But today, after visiting my Grandpa in the morning, I headed out to San Francisco for a much needed "get my mind off things" ride for Justin's birthday. Did the big Paradise Loop. It was a good route and I definitely want to ride it again cause I was totally disappointed in myself today. My legs just had nothing in them and I got dropped by a damn roadie! and he even waved at me bye! First time ever! I guess I could blame it on the 2 hours of sleep I got the night before or the total of less than 10 hours of sleep the past 4 days. It was just embarrassing for me. The ride shouldnt have been as hard as it was but I just had no energy. Ill get it next time.



Paradise Loop Round 2 coming soon.

No comments: