Saturday, May 29, 2010

Get Well Soon

Ive only had a handful of hours of sleep the past few days.

This is the one time I wish I could say that it was from studying, but its not. My grandpa is in the hospital. I came home to him throwing up and having severe pain in his abdomen. I took him to get checked out and he was admitted to St. Rose hospital a couple hours later. Tubes were inserted to drain out his stomach and relieve some pressure which helped his pain a bit.

At first no one had an idea of what was wrong with him. A nurse said diveriticulitis, another ischemic bowel, then Crohn's disease. Till this morning a doctor that specializes in gastroenterology came in to check him out.

Turns out that my Grandpa has an infection somewhere in his intestines. He is going to need surgery. They dont know the exact place so they need to explore a bit. This makes it more dangerous on top of my Granpa's underlying condition regarding his heart. He is on blood thinners and blood pressure medication and his heart is beating way too fast for the doctor's liking.

They spent all day today trying to stabilize his condition to put him in best shape to go into surgery. He has been transferred to to the Intensive Care Unit waiting for the operation.

Pray for him and wish him luck.

No comments: