Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yosemite Half Dome: On the way down.

I am tired and there are too many pictures to upload from our night hike to Half Dome. So Im gonna start with our way down. This was actually harder for me than it was going up. Maybe it was being awake for 24 hours, my legs were jello, or the decline had my knees screaming. Either way we made it back alive and here are some pictures for you guys.
The cables. I was really really really scared going down these.

My shoes were slipping and my arms and shoulders were cramping. I was holding on for dear life. I was so scared I was going to slip and fall.


Amazing views






These stairs killed my legs on the way up. I had to stop like every few steps to stretch to prevent my legs from cramping up.





Half Dome.

Phong and Thanh

Girls we met on the way and stuck with us till the end.







We stopped by this river to cool our feet and wash our faces off. The water was crystal clear but it was freezing.




Army guy knocked out.




More stairs.



Best dressed!










Tired. I just wanna go home and sleep at this point.



Double Rainbow!

More stairs.


Crazy white people swimming in the river.

K.O.ed
Ill update the rest tomorrow. Im gonna go ice my knees and sleep. I am not looking forward to how my legs are going to feel when I wake up.

No comments: