Sunday, August 1, 2010

Philippines: Day 26

Since our vacation was coming to an end and my Mom being a devoted Catholic, we had to make another visit to the church in Manaoag.






This place is famous for healing a lot of people and have developed quite a following. I dont have any pictures but at the end of every mass the priest sprays holy water and something like a stampede happens. Everyone rushes to the front to try and get "blessed." People bring different artifacts from clothes to rosaries and even school uniforms in hopes that it will help them.


Outside of the church there were these mini stores that were selling all types of animals as pets. From dogs, birds, snakes, guinea pigs, monkeys, turtles, fishes, etc.


and remember the picture of the crab? well I went back and got a better picture.

Then met up with my cousins to have a sort of one last get together with all of them since itll be years till I get to see them again.
Also visited my youngest cousin, Zach. He caught a cause of dengue and had to be hospitalized. But hes tough and got all better real fast. As you can see..

No comments: