Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Days like these

Make me really happy and appreciate everything around me. So I'm taking a break from my "30 day challenge."

But I don't know if it's the summer weather we've been having or just having enough time between my life and work that I'm able to do all the things I want to do without being stressed and tired.

Today was the first real summer day we've had. High 70's with a cool breeze and everyone just seemed relax, enjoying the weather. I got to sleep in, got to be a bum for a few hours. Picked up my Uncle from the airport, got to see my Grandpa, accompanied Maia to her oral surgeon, thrift town, Area Cycles, and an amazing ride out to Berkeley.

Although it might not have been the safest route, we rode through the ghetto part of Oakland at night. I know people hear all these bad things that happen around there, shootings, murders, robberies, etc. I'm not gonna say it's not true but it's way less dangerous than what everyone else makes it seem. Maybe I'm biased since I live in Hayward but I have never had a problem in any area most people consider "ghetto."

The weather was awesome and we were just flying through there. Got to Berkeley and all of us stopped by to pick up some Top Dog. If you haven't been there, better put it on your bucket list, cause it's something you have to eat before you get too old and can only eat blended stuff.
After filling up, picked up some beers and we hung around the stairs at Sproul Plaza in UC Berkeley. Two summers ago, we would end up hanging out here at least 2-3 times a week. Definitely nice talking about old times, being with good company, and sharing laughs the whole entire time.
Ended the night with this cool old man playing us some music while we wait for out train.
Here's some more pictures from yesterday.

Rode with my little brother. He actually saw his friends riding around on our way and I told him to go ride with them but he said that he rides with them all the time and he would rather ride with me cause I'm always busy and rarely have free time to ride with him. That made me feel really good. Kid's got a lot of potential.
Later that night, had dinner with Maia and we went out for dessert. Dessert meaning beers, cookies, and ice cream. Definitely had a good night.
Pizzookie!
Goodnight.

No comments: