Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 9: How important I think education is

I know I didn't blog the last couple of days, but I have a totally legitimate reason. I was having too much fun away from the computer. Oh and working... -_-

But hmm... how important is education? I have a lot to say but I'm going to pass. These types of things are way more fun when you have someone to discuss them with. Here's something quick though:

I believe that having some type of education is important. Especially education that isn't limited to a classroom. Education can be attained from the streets, from life experiences, from your elders, discovery channel, etc. Being book smart doesn't mean shit if you can't use what you know/have learned out in the real world. I have met people that have gone to big name colleges and have made nothing of themselves and I have met people that dropped out of high school and are very successful. So in my opinion it all boils down to how one makes use of education.

I mean if education was such a sure pass to being successful in life and being accepted in society cause I guess having a piece of paper handed to you at graduation makes you a better human being. College graduates would be wiping their asses with dollar bills and we wouldn't have way less ignorant people in this world.

No comments: