Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Time with friends

After spending Christmas Eve and Christmas day working I was looking forward to having some free time. Once I got off of work Sunday afternoon, I met up with Ryan and Ruel and got some riding done. Its been over a year (since summer of '09) that all 3 of us were on our bike, riding some respectable miles. Got us all nostalgic and shit.
And of course, we rode somewhere to fill our stomachs. Cause of the cold weather, pho was a no brainer.
While eating we got in contact with Scott who was just getting off work and was hungry. Guess what he was craving... pho! We later found out that Josh and Charles were riding to Fremont to eat too. All of us met up to go to another pho spot. I didnt think another picture of a bowl would be necessary. But after that we rode, well raced to Union City Tapioca Express (which I won by the way! :D ha!) then got bored and rode to Tuttimelon and got bored and headed to Krispy Kreme.
After we got our fill of donuts someone came up with the bright idea to go drinking at Jerry's Grill. Ordered beer that comes in this awesome container. I think Scott is going to be trying to make one of these at home and when he does Ill let y'all know.

Waking up the next morning my body definitely made it known how hard I worked. I was sore in weird places and was just exhausted. So I slept in since it was my only day off for the week till who knows when.

But I got a text from my old classmate Karen. I was way too tired to get out of bed but she bribed me with some sushi and I could not pass that up. It was nice catching up but at the same time depressing cause of the whole not being able to find a full-time job subject. But it's all good, we got jobs and were happy.
She then drove me around to try and buy some oil for my car. My Dad will only let me put one kind of oil in the car and he just had to pick one that was so difficult to find. I had to go to 3 different stores and making phone calls to find this thing.
Finally finding that damn oil, got home to an empty house. I then realized that I haven't fed my turtles some fishes in a while, so I headed to Pet Club a block away from my house. Where I got carried away checking out all the other animals they have.

Lately my interest have pointed to Corn Snakes. I would love to have one. Hopefully I can get one soon, Charles offered to give me his albino snake, even though it thought I was food the last time I played with it and ended up biting my arm, I will be more than happy to take it in. Just look at these baby ones. So pretty.
Check out the other pets they have.
As I was walking out I saw a something real bright from the corner of my eye. Then I saw this little guy.

Prettiest shrimp I have ever laid my eyes on.
Later that night my good friend of mine, Chris, hit me up to hang out. He's leaving for Puerto Rico tomorrow to celebrate New Years out there. Also we havent hung out or had the chance to catch up on each others' lives in a while. So some catching up was in need and we did just that. Its always nice to know that no matter how long I havent talked to whom I consider "good" friends, that the next time we do see/talk to each other that our relationship hasnt gone down the drain. I mean if I consider you a good friend, I dont see the need to constantly be in contact cause we have our own separate lives and I would expect us to be friends till we need canes and wheelchairs to get around. haha.
those were a good 2 days.

No comments: