Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2 days off!

Yes you read that right. TWO days off. IN A ROW! And damn! it felt good.

The great news came to me while I was sitting at work the other day. I was just about to leave to go home and make the most out of my day and have enough time to get some rest for work the next day. Then my co-worker spoke some of the most beautiful words my ears have heard (at least for the last couple of months): "you have Monday AND Tuesday off. I immediately ran to the schedule sheet and as I looked at my name and saw those days blank, the biggest smile grew on my face. I walked out of there ready to skip to my car, but I have an image to maintain and that would have just crushed it.

So for the nest 2 days what did I do? What I do best: sleep in, ride my bike, spoil myself a little, and most of all relaxxx.

Sleeping in and relaxing was Day 1.
Went over to Pleasant Hill to enjoy the nice weather, sitting in a park eating a sandwich, drinking coffee. Yea that was good and also to check out one of the most awesome thrift stores Ive ever been to.

Then a little drawing therapy. This thing is gonna take forever to finish...
Now onto Day 2.

I came across this super good deal on a bike and I had to jump on it. Ive always wanted this kind of bike and even though I have another bike Im working on, this was just too good to pass up.
I finally got myself a Broakland! This particular one has a lot of history. Im sure most of you could care less and some of you already know. Lets just say its got a lot of street cred.
I also decided to ride my bike to pick it up. Therefor...
I had to strap it on my bag and ride with a bike on my back. Fun and cool but definitely scary, all I was picturing in my head is the end of the bike getting clipped by a car driving by me. Thankfully that did not happen.
and I was able to make it to the end of the day.
to go home to this! where were you when I was sick last week?!
and that sunset above turned into, in my opinion, the best sunset this year.
WHAT A GREAT 2 DAYS!

Now off to bed to get ready for another work week. :(

No comments: