Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Loaned Laptop

Thank god for good friends. A friend of mine is letting me borrow her laptop for a few days. Now I can update this thing (with pictures) and apply for jobs. Yeaaa thanks!

So if you know me pretty well, you will know that I am definitely NOT a morning person and for the past 4-5 Sundays I have been late to work. I'm not talking about 5-10 minutes late, I'm talking about 2-3 HOURS late. Good thing that my managers and co-workers are super cool or I would have been unemployed years ago. But a friend of mine took a bet with me that since it was Halloween weekend that I wont wake up and will be late AGAIN for $10 worth of snacks. You may or may not know but I am a very competitive person. I was even contemplating not sleeping so I can win. But I stuck some headphones on and turned it up all the way, put on a million alarms, and it worked. Made it to work with a couple minutes to spare.
It just finished raining the night before and the skies that morning made it much more worth it to wake up that early. You cant really tell from the picture but the sky was pretty much pink/purple with he silhouette of Fremont hills. Pretty.

After getting off work I went and headed to the park to celebrate Krystle, Dianne, and Krystle's Boyfriend's birthdays. Good company and the water balloon fight was real entertaining. I just didnt like how everyone teamed up on me! Also Id like to thank Krystle for letting me borrow her laptop for a few days or this blog post wont be possible. Poker at Merwin's to end the night with a pretty big pot. I lost but there's always next time.
and speaking of laptops, I went and ordered myself a netbook. You know those little mini computers. I was going to go get a Macbook, but as much as I have been wanting one for years now, it's just not practical for me to spend that much money for something that I dont really need. A cheaper, smaller netbook fits my lifestyle a whole lot better. I'm always on my bike and a plane, so I need something that wont be too heavy to carry around, I just need something to be able check e-mails, facebook, blog, listen and download music, and apply for jobs. There really isnt much more than I need. Plus I already have my phone and I need the extra money to build up the new bike that I just got, I need it to be ready come spring time. For now the track bike is getting a whole lot of lovin'.

and since that word love popped up in that last sentence. I spent last night watching "Love Actually." I always end up watching this movie whenever the holidays are near. I guess it gets me looking forward to it and its a nice movie to lay down and watch with someone.

No comments: