Sunday, November 7, 2010

Birthday Wishlist

Its that time of the year again. In a couple of weeks I will be a year older and hopefully smarter. But as each year passes the less and less excited I get about my birthday. I don't know if its the reality setting in that I am getting older and that next thing I know I will be 50 or that I don't even get presents anymore :(

Even though I rarely get presents I still take the time each year to make a a birthday wish list. Which is really more like a list of things that I have to save up for. But here we go, in order:

1. Panasonic LX-5: cause I sold my G10 since it was just too big and I miss taking pictures. The iPhone is cool and all but there are just some things that you want to capture as best as you can and right now this camera is the best fit for me.
2. SRAM RED - I am slowly building up the new road bike frame that I acquired and this is the group of components that I chose to put on it. This set is waaayyy out of my price range since its the top of the line from SRAM but if I buy one or two from this picture every month, I am on my way to finishing just in time for spring. Any one from the picture would be a big help in the build.
3. Sidi Dominator 5 - I have some road shoes but they are just a pain to walk in. I have been wanting these for a while so I can pull up on the pedals harder when sprinting and esepcially climbing. But at the same time not look retarded when I walk.
4. Giro ProLight Helmet - I think its about time to get myself a new helemt and I have heard a lot of good things about this helmet. Heard that its crazy light and doesnt look bad at all.
5. Catlike Whisper - This thing is just so sexy and I have been wanting it for what? 2 years now?
6. Reynolds Attack Wheelset - these would look sick on my road bike and are super light which means I can just go faster on my bike, especially climbing.
7. Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset - These arent as pretty or as expensive as the one above but they do the job just as well. But wheels would be the last thing I would get for the road bike. I need to get all the components first.
Theres a few more but the things on this list are just the ones out of my reach for now. So who ever is reading this, I would love you forever and ever if you would get me one of these of find me any of them for a super good deal!

No comments: