Monday, October 25, 2010

Playing House

I dont even know where to start. But this past week has definitely been weird but at the same time I can honestly say has been one of the better weeks Ive had this year. I mean its been exactly 7 days since Ive slept on my own bed. I cant discuss much about the details cause we both know the consequences we'll both have to deal with if people find out. Just gotta stick with our agreement that it never happened.

BUT before I erase this whole week from my head. I would just like to point out how much fun I had.
- Waking up with coffee and cookies next to the bed is one of the best things ever.
- Watching multiple episodes of How I Met Your Mother and introducing you to Dexter was a pleasure.
- Failing at finding a good spot to have a nice view of the bay but we still ended up talking in your car for hours even though you really needed to pee.
- Baking cookies and not having them turn out as good as we imagined (at least for the first night) and as each day went on they just seemed to get better and better.
- You turning off my alarm causing me to be 3 hours late to work!
- Finding out just the right combination of blankets so we wont be too hot or too cold.
- Usually when I sleep with someone we wake up always end up on opposite sides of the bed. But it was different with you, we always managed to wake up in the same position we fell asleep in and surprisingly my arm didn't fall asleep.
- Thanks to your wifi we killed many hours watching youtube videos that I still cant believe you have never seen! Have you been living under a rock?!
- That one time you clapped cause you were so impressed by the beatboxing japanese guy and when he said "merry christmas" in a thick japanese accent. That was really cute.
- Going to get Ramen but the stupid restaurant was closed on sundays.
- Then couple days later you go and get some... without me!
- The bottom of your falafel sandwich not holding up having you to eat it with a fork. haha
- Seeing a deer while trying to look for the stupid "top of the world" in Fremont.
- All the times you tried to tickle me but would instantly give up once I tried to get you back.
- Starting arguments for no reason just to spice things up and have a little fun.
- It was entertaining pretending to be mad at you and you spending hours trying to convince me to not be mad anymore.
- Getting some Jack in the Box for dinner. At first wanting fries and tacos but ended up with a burger, large fries, a large drink, stuffed jalapenos, those bacon wedge cut fries, tacos, and a funnel cake! haha
- How you made fun of me cause I set the mixer too low and all the dough got stuck even though I told you the bowl was too small and it was going to splatter everywhere if I set it any higher!
- Bringing my external harddrive to take some music from you but never getting to it.
- Waking up early in the morning but never getting up till I have to leave for work.
- Using onions as a metaphor for our current/past situations how were never satisfied with the ones on the front of the pile, the easy to get, but we keep digging for a better one and along the way causing the pile to fall and bruising a few onions and embarrassing ourselves along the way.
- Having an actual dinner, on an actual dinner table, at home.
- You painting while I draw, with music playing, going on for a couple hours and not one word said.


There are a whole bunch more but what I loved the most is how we can just lay there for hours and talk about anything and everything. Pretty much about where we are in this particular point in our life, including the past and leaving it there, excited but at the same time nervous about our future.

We came into this knowing we both dont want anything. That what we needed was just someone there, another body to keep us warm and make us feel wanted even after all the things we've been through and have put other people through. We have both been broken and have put up walls around us to protect us from getting hurt again. Have experienced enough to have control over our feelings to avoid attachment and I think that's what made this week work so well.

Too bad that Im not very good writing and sucks that this is the only picture I have from the week. But I know thats for the better. In 10 years we can look back at this and laugh. I totally agree when you said a week like this is exactly what you needed cause I needed it as much as you did. It was a lot of fun. Thanks again for letting me live at your house for the past week and I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.

But like we agreed on. This week never happened. haha

1 comment:

CHRIS said...

dude, back at ucla i used to have deals with girls where we'd agree to date or have relationships that would last for only one or two weeks at a time, and my friends amanda and navi would make fun of me for doing that and think it was weird or just about sex or whatever. but honestly, those were some of the best relationships that i've ever had. so yea, i'm glad i'm not the only one i know who has done that haha, and i'm glad you enjoyed your week!