Friday, July 23, 2010

Philippines: Day 23

I was woken up by my cousin Jay letting me know that he just saw some guy selling spiders! If you didnt know, spider fighting was one of my favorite things when I was a little kid. So you can only imagine how excited I was to hear this. We left the boarding house right away and went to go look for some spiders and we did.

They were being sold for 5 pesos each, which is about 10 cents in US currency. So we bought some and fought them. I got this fight on video. Ill post it later.
After that we had some fun playing with some tops.




Then once school was out all the little kids got their spiders out and fought em too.



Look how happy that kid is.







Later that night my Uncle invited me and my cousins to drink at his place. Well more like drink our Grandpa's alcohol.

Meet my Uncle Eric and his gun.
He is a really good story teller and he can keep you entertained for hours. As you can see here.






Out of all the days I drank in the Philippines, I am embarrassed to say that this is the only night I was taken down.







Supposedly I woke up from sleeping on the table and we went and walked around where I threw up a few times on the street and also rode on a scooter home. I dont remember any of that. But from what I remember, that was a really fun night.

No comments: