Saturday, July 17, 2010

Philippines: Day 19

This day was my Dad's last day in the Philippines. My Mom wanted to be on time at the airport so we got up early and spent the day at Mall of Asia, 3rd largest mall in the world I believe, since it's so close to the airport.

Ice skating rink inside.
Ice cream for all you dieters out there.
Mall was pretty damn big. I believe we covered barely 1/4 of it.

Back side of it is Manila Bay. This mall didnt used to be here, the land that its on now used to be all water but the company or the government filled it to build this mall.

The mall is pretty well known for having a really nice view of the sunset. By the baywalk you can see thousands of people either cooling off from the breeze or waiting for the sunset. This isnt even close to having the sun set yet and look at all the people waiting. We didnt get to stay since we had to get to the airport but I can imagine how much more people showed up.




Here are my parents at the airport.
Now for the drive home.



My Uncle decided to take a shortcut to cut about an hour of the drive back. It was really scary driving through cemeteries with no streetlights and no cars passing by for minutes at a time. I was also having a hard time staying up and fell asleep 30 minutes before we got home.


But we made it!

No comments: