Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sorry. Just got even busier

Sorry... again. Finding time to sit down and update this thing has been quite the challenge lately. You know when parents always used to complain about how they dont have enough time to do everything. Well I never really grasped that until recently.

The whole reason for that is that... I finally landed a job! I know that I have jobs already but this is a job that relates to my career and I work at more than 1 day out of the week. Where? Well Hayward Unified School District was nice enough to offer me a position as one of their district nurses. Yesterday was my first day at the job and I am loving every single minute of it. Ill update on more of the specifics next time. Whenever that may be.

But here are some pictures from the past week.
Work.
Lunch at work.

New storage unit in my room






Took my little brother on a hike to Coyote Hills Regional Park out here in the Union City.

Kid was a trooper. Never gave up. Sometimes complained about his legs burning but complained with a smile and never stopped.



We walked around the whole trail looking for these guys.

then rewarded him for his efforts with some falafel.


Got a flat the other night and had to walk home in the freeing cold.





Oh but by getting a new job I was forced to make the tough decision to quit my hotel receptionist job, which I have been working for, for a total of 5 years now. We still pretty much have the same team working there since I started which means that these guys have watched me grow up since I was 17 years old! It was definitely sad but I just had to. I know they understand but if I had a choice or there were 9 days out of the week instead of 7 so I can have days off I definitely would have stayed. But my manager was nice enough to offer not to terminate me but keep me on the payroll just in case I change my mind or have some free time I can come back and work anytime. Ahhh... felt like a break up. But at least it ended on good terms. haha

No comments: