Sunday, March 13, 2011

Im still here

I know I keep apologizing about not updating enough, but I really dont know what else to say. Life has gotten so busy lately. I havent had a day off in 3 weeks and each day is booked from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. I dont even have time to nap! Its cool though. Im gonna start having weekends off and a whole week for spring break to anything I want.

But as for whats been going on in my life.

Today, after working for 5 years, was my last day working for Motel 6. I know its not the most elegant place to work at nor did it pay great. But I enjoyed every single day I was there. I was able to be exposed to a lot of different types of people which helped improved my people skills and handling complaints and problems. But what I loved most about were my co workers. They were like second family, always looked out for each other and you can always go to them if you needed someone to talk to. We pretty much have the same team as when I first started. These guys have watched me grow up, since I was 17! They still say I havent changed much though, I just have longer hair haha. But ahh anyways, dont wanna get all sad about it, I can always stop by and visit. I mean we still keep in touch with our favorite security guard till this day and he hasnt worked with us for nearly 3 years. Im really gonna miss that place. This picture below was taken in the last 10 minutes of my "career" there.
Moving onto different topics in no particular order.

My long time good friend Vernon finally got a bike! Took him out for a quick short ride around his area. Im so glad hes riding, one more person on a bike, less cars on the road. Feels nice to also share my love for riding, feels good to show them new places they would have never seen in a car.


It was also my Mother's 49th birthday. Took her and the family out for dinner. And since Ive been working a whole bunch, dinner was on me!
Here is a shot of what I wear to work. We dont have a set dress code so I have some freedom to get creative. Way better than wearing scrubs for the rest of my life.
Back when I was in high school you would come across the typical condom wrapper, but nope, kids these days are stepping it up.
Went to my brother's school for their movie night fundraiser. Despicable me was an awesome movie.

The aftermath.
One of the best news from last week was that my Grandpa was discharged from the hospital and is doing great. he is now back at home and is improving pretty fast. Hes up and able to walk on his own. Still not 100% but hes well on his way. But check out his hotel... I mean hospital room.




Here is my friend Gary helping... well he pretty much did all the work changing my oil. Thanks! I know youre reading this. I owe you lunch/dinner!
Random.
Went to Pet Smart in San Leandro to visit their cats.

But this guy is my favorite! 23 pounds!
So handsome. Hes also surprisingly light on his feet. I want to adopt him so bad but my mom would kill me. But imagine sleeping with this guy next to you.
Clancy's ice cream. Pre requisite to a great talk about life.
I also just picked up a new bike. A road bike, havent been on one since I sold my GT to Ryan. Ive been wanting one since, since it opens up a lot more riding options. But I didnt want to rush into buying the first bike I saw. I was patient and I just kept saving until I ran across this guy. 2010 BMC road racer with complete SRAM rival group. Such a great ride. Havent had much time to break it in, but once I get some free time, this will see tons of miles.
Actually took the new for a ride up my old college the other day. This was at the end of the day.
Pepperlunch for dinner with Ruel, Erica, Ryan, and Manny.
Last but not least. I have been a regular at my local pet store. Its all because I gotta feed my snake every week. Speaking of my snake, its gotten so aggressive lately, which I found out is because I have been feeding it in the same cage that its learned that when I stick my hand in there, it means its dinner time for him. Gotta get another tank to train him not to try and bite me.


Isntagram also updated and now has a tilt ship feature. Pretty cool.

See you guys in about a week. haha

No comments: