Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Siclista Classic

Last week I was invited by my Dad's co worker to join this ride called Siclista Classic. Its ran by a group called Siclista, they are older filipino guys from around this area! Ive always wanted to ride with them but I didnt have a road bike for the longest time and now I do I decided to go.

It was a nice 50 something miler ride. Fully supported with pit stops with food and a huge bbq after. If only all of my rides were like this. There were a lot of people on the ride, people from all over California and one guy even flew in from Houston!

heres me and Kuya Frank. My Dad's co worker.
Good turnout and a lot of carbon.
I cant afford to buy some cyclng shades so I wore Ray Bans haha. Like my friend said "looking fly while flying"
There was also a race up Sierra Rd. Hardest climb I have ever done. I was actually contemplating about even riding it that day since its such a painful ride. I ended up getting 10th... I was kind of disappointed with my performance but I was off the bike for a while and havent done a lot of long rides. But next year... Im aiming to take it.


Oh while in the Philippines, since people knew I liked riding bikes I would always get people telling me about this guy Manuel Reynante. He is from our province and won Tour of Luzon twice back in the 70s I believe. And guess who I met on the ride!
Thats him in the middle. 65 years old and still faster than half of the group!

I cant wait to win next year!

No comments: