Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chinatown/Berkeley

So I guess our school has an extension out in oakland (chinatown) and yesterday I had to take my midterm, sucks I know. But I had a day off of working in the hospital so I decided to bike and just spend the day in the area.

After the midterm I went to show my classmates where to get food and I went and developed some pictures. I then headed to Sherry's bakery to drop off the pictures and I was expecting to say hi, give the pictures, talk for a couple of minutes and then head out. But then her dad gets on the phone and after hanging up asks me "Do you have time?" I was thinking he needed me to do a favor for them and since I had nothing to do I answered "Yes." He then says "Do you want to get some dim sum?" I guess Kenny Fu didnt have school that day and he could come and be the translator. So her parents and I can actually communicate. haha


The idea of having lunch was cool and I was expecting for it just to be Kenny, Sherry's dad, and myself. But when I walked into the restaurant it felt like her whole family was there! Sherry's master (mother), grandma, 3 aunties, 2 uncles, 4 cousins and her brother. It was fun though. If only I knew how to speak Chinese. Her mom told me to take a chinese class. haha.

mmm...
Meet Terry. Probably one of my favorites out of her cousins. Him and Windy. But he took my camera and proceeded to take pictures. So the next few are taken by him.


This is her happy face.
These are her happy faces.

I hung out at the bakery for about an hour chatting with Kenny and her parents. I told Max I was going to visit him that day so I headed to Berkeley. I also went and bought new tires and tubes. 70 bucks for 2 Gatorskins and 2 tubes! what a deal :O. After that I went and tried to look for Max's restaurant which is in an area which I am not familiar with and next thing I know Im in Albany! But I eventually found the place.

Here is Max being camera shy:
But it didnt take much to get him to loosen up. Here he is with his model face.


Okay. Then Max had a little too much fun with my camera.


This guy was totally checking me out.
Max's triops. I spent about 30 minutes to an hour watching these little guys and I am 95% sure one of them has eggs. Which means more triops!

20 year old stapler. Max said it's one of the first things they ever bought for their restaurant.
Then probably one of the best candies I have ever tasted. Two of my favorite things in one. Chocolate covered green tea poky sticks! Tasted just like green tea ice cream.

Thanks for the box Max and sorry for not making it out to tap. Next time.

6 comments:

Kenny said...

haha u guys went to resturant peony?

jensenn said...

haha naw. legendary.

sherry said...

i feel like you've seen my family more than i've seen my family this entire year. jealous.

and the little one is still being a little bitch i see. not that im calling a baby a bitch, but look at that face. oh dear.

jensenn said...

haha i think so too.

and your cousin does that face on command. but she still doesnt like me. i got like a few inches closer to her and she almost cried.

sherry said...

of course she doesn't like you. she only likes ME!!!!!!!!!

Kenta Nagano said...

HAHAHA fun times, fun times