Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3 days off!

You know you've been working too much when you start complaining about having too many days off. Call me crazy but that's how I was today. I have just been so used to working 10, 12, or even 15 days straight that my life now feels weird not working. But I think the main reason is that I actually used up all of my time enjoying myself that I feel like I need to go work and suffer just to balance things out.

So... Day 1
Woke up to some blue skies and warm weather after a weekend of rain and cold. Hopped on the bike and put out a good 60 miles total for the day.
Looks like Im on some tropical vacation spot huh? Its just Fremont and the "new" waterpark at Lake Elizabeth.
After my usual Fremont Loop I rode some more to Ruel's place and got him out of the house to have an afternoon meal with me. Had some pretty satisfying thai food.
Aaron met us after at Tapioca Express,
Later that night had a late night dinner. I tried ordering from the kid's menu and the waitress wouldnt let me... at first. After a couple begs she later gave in. I get enough comments about how young I look anyways, let me just use it to my advantage.
Look at my creation!
Day 2
Took a friend out for her birthday. Mama's! Never fails. If youre ever in Oakland or San Francisco and is looking for a good breakfast spot. Go look up Mama's Royal Cafe.
After breakfast, got in my car and was surprised by a little gift from the City of Oakland. A parking ticket! Oh well, Im not going to whine about it, sure I could have use those 58 dollars for other, (hopefully) better things, but I have a strong belief in balance, one thing goes bad, something good is bound to happen. So it'll just be a matter of time before that money comes back to me.
Later that day went over to my Grandparents cause my Grandpa had asked me to give him a haircut. Here he is halfway through.
I love this man. One of my biggest motivations to do good in life. Plus he lets me play jokes on him all the time and will laugh along with me! Example:
Day 3
Hopped on the bike again. Went to the pet store, then thrift store shopping, came up on some jackets. Had some alone time, spent at the marina waiting for the sun to set, watching the water drop, and putting together scenarios in my head about what type of life or what problems the people walking the trail have.
Once the sun was gone I had to start heading home cause my Mom has been giving me a hard time about riding my bike at night. She's a worrier and Ive learned to accept it. I just cant be telling her about all the crazy stuff that I do from day to day or she'll never let me out of the house.

But before I started on my way, my stomach was calling me to give it some food. So I decided to try out Marina Pizza. Got me a slice of cheese pizza and a pepsi. This might not be exciting to you but that slice was HUGE! ok. thats all.
and all of you already know that Im a sucker for sunsets. Great way to end the day.

No comments: