Saturday, February 13, 2010

Yesterday was a good day.

A lot of words. So I doubt a lot of you will read this.

Im talking about Thursday. Friday was fun but this post is for Thursday. Since this will be posted on Saturday it might get a little confusing and have it for Friday. You get it right?

Thursday was good in many ways. First it was the start of my 5 day weekend. All of my classes got canceled. Well, except for my bootcamp class but I did hurt my leg and my teacher wouldnt let me run so it was an easy day for me.

After I got home I was able to squeeze in a quick 2 hour nap and decided to head out to the city. A few years back before I was riding bikes and my mom didnt work at the airport, whenever I wanted to relax and get away for a bit I would take BART out to the city and just roam around. and that is what I did.

I did have coffee with a friend and saw another friend while walking around. Since I was already there I treated myself out to a little shopping and then visited Maverick. I barely get to see him noawadays, cause of living far, school, work, basically were just doing separate things with our lives right now but we still have managed to stay close. We hung out on his first 15 minute break and he had to go back and I had an hour to kill.

In that whole hour I was able to grab a cup of tea and make a new friend. This new friend is Tim, he is the homeless guy that sits in front of American Apparell. He is 58 years old and sits in front of the store every single day to try and get enough money for 5 cans of beer and leftovers. He was very talkative which was really good cause he made the one hour to wait for Mav to go on his lunch fly by. Now you might think Im weird but hey, hes way more interesting than most of the "normal" people I meet and apparently all of the workers there are friends with the homeless people that hang around in front of the store. I saw the manager having a cigarette with one of them. So next time Im totally bored in the city, I know where to go.

Last 30 minutes out there I spent catching up with Mav. Hes basically married so I already know what hes been up to. Actually now that I think about it we spent a lot of time blaming each other for not having time to hang out. But whatever Im done with school in 4 weeks. Ill have all the free time in the world.

Then jetted back to Hayward so I can meet up with Ru and Jay to spend the rest of the night at Sabor.

No comments: