Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Close call.

On my way home from school today, I almost got hit by a car. Well, more like I ran into the car.

This is how it went...
I was making a right turn onto Tennyson and at the same time this blue civic was making a left into the same lane. We eventually ended up on the same lane parallel to each other. Im about a good 3-4 feet away from the side of his car. The car continues to speed up and I noticed that he was getting closer and closer to me, thats when i realized that he was turning into the Arco Gas Station on the corner. So basically he cut me off, if i kept going straight I would have ran right into his passenger side door, but instinct kicked in and I skidded sideways to follow the path of the car. Which apparently was not enough to prevent me from colliding with the car. I put my hand (well a fist) onto the car and braced the rest of the impact with my shoulder. The driver finally realized that he almost killed me and stopped. He asked if I was okay and after checking my self out and found that me and my bike were fine. I proceeded to bike away. But on the way I noticed that I have left a couple dents on the side of the car. Either from my handlebars hitting the car or from my hand. Im just glad that I didnt get hurt and that the impact wasnt hard, it was more of a bump.

So everyone out there. Be safe, wear a helmet, and keep on look out since anything can happen and all you drivers look out for bikers and pedestrians, you guys arent the only ones on the road.

Just remember to never get too comfortable, cause thats when things start going wrong.

1 comment:

CHRIS said...

geeze. glad youre ok. stay safe.