Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Philippines: Day 6

We didnt have any real plans for today except to visit my relatives on my dad's side and to go out later in the night with my cousins and childhood friends. Ended up going out to the local city mall and went bowling and later in the night I got to assist in 2 c-sections!








soda in a bag.








bowling here is so cheap. about 8 dollars for a full hour of unlimited games and shoes!
old blood pressure machine

i also got to drive a scooter and a tricycle around!
as I was hanging out at my godfather's house, my cousin dropped by to ask me if I wanted to assist her in a few surgeries that shes doing that night, of course I said yes. Where else will I get the chance to assist in a surgery but on top of that, wear slippers in the operating room?




It was a really fun and new experience. It is totally different from America. They dont have a lot of the tools we have and they just have to make do with what they have. I think I got the last mask. I have a couple more pictures and stories to tell but I think itd be best for me to not post em on here. So Ill just tell you when I see you, especially for my nursing friends!

No comments: