Friday, June 18, 2010

Philippines: Day 2

This time with pictures! Also this is actually a continuation of day 1.

Went around with my cousin to check out the "squatters" area of our neighborhood. This part is supposedly dangerous since its considered the "ghetto" but we walked out of there just fine.







After all the walking we decided to cross this river to the fish market. All for the cost of 10 pesos, which is about 20 cents in US money.








Got to ride in a jeepney! Havent seen/rode in one since I was 10!

Also here, there are dogs everywhere and my cousin's dog just had puppies.

Later that night my Doctor cousin took us out to eat.
Now this is actually the start of Day 2 here. Went to this place called Manaoag. This place is popular for the church that they have. A lot of people come from all over the area to pray and be blessed by the holy water. My dad kind of got emotional here since its been 16 years since hes been back. Imagine that.



Dagupan, this is where we live in the Philippines. Its known for its milk fish. We actually have a world record for the longest bbq grilling in the world.
Oh and remember how I keep saying drivers here are crazy. Its like playing chicken with cars/tricycles/motorcycles every minute!


Heres my godfather teaching me how to load his airgun.


Heres me shooting. You cant see it but theres a target somewhere in those trees.

More puppies.

Balut!
My uncle picking some fruits.
5-11 !
The beach!
Some of my cousins.
Karaoke on the beach.


Thats it for now. Day 3 later. Too many pictures to upload.

No comments: