Saturday, June 6, 2009

Khider

Meet Khider. Hes a security guard at my work but to me he is way more than that. He is a good friend of mine, he even refers to me as his son. I've known him since I was 17 years old, when I was still in high school. Even the 2 years I didnt work here, we managed to keep in touch; through phone calls here and there and some nights I would find myself visiting and just hanging out and in those 5 years weve known each other he has always been there for me. He is one of the nicest people I have and probably will meet. But you know the saying "Bad things always happen to good people"? Well hes a prefect example of that. But no matter what happens he seems to always be able to keep a smile on his face.
But a few weeks back found out that he will no longer be working here. Due to other's actions (you stupid lazy fuckers). Everyone loves Khider and we were all very sad to see him go. No more boxing, no more scaring each other, no more jokes, and no more manning the front desk while I sneak in a nap cause this graveyard shift sucks balls. So we decided to throw him a dinner.

Dont worry Khider. You know we'll still keep in touch. I still owe you lunch!

Khider is one of those people you work with and youre glad that you work there and I think the reason I came back to work here is because this place is filled with those kinds of people. For example: Today my manager took my co-worker out to lunch and they brought me back a burrito!
Then later in the day the pizza guy came and gave me a free pizza for referring them to customers. mmmmushroom....

On a totally different topic. SJfixed.org is throwing their second race tomorrow. "Starllam." The SJ guys always know how to have a good time.So this should be a really fun race and a bbq after, cant beat that.
To all thats going Ill see you guys there. Cause Ill be in to cruise it.

No comments: