Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Duck.



While hanging out at Quarry Lakes, eating sandwiches. A duck decided to paddle to us.
Mike decided to start feeding it bread. So it stuck around for a bit eating off my shoe. (See above). But then we noticed that its right wing was a little messed up. It was pointed up and not flushed to it's body. I was guessing that it's hurt. Im sad to say that I might be right. To check if it was or not. I tried to chase it away and slap the water a bit to see if it would fly away. It even got on shore and me running after it. It calmly just walked back into the water.
We walk away for a bit and I saw a group of ducks land in the water and then take off not too long after. Then I looked at the place we were at and the duck was still there. By itself.
It was very sad. I wanted to take it home. Winter is coming and I dont know how that duck is going to fair in that lake, in the cold, by itself. Maybe Ill come back later this week to check if its still there. I just hope it gets better soon.

1 comment:

CHRIS said...

take it home with you and then cook it. duck tastes good!

or sell it to someone in chinatown.